So you’re thinking of trading Forex and wanting to join TradingwithRayner’s course but can’t stop wondering “is Rayner Teo a scam?”..
That’s what I usually think about before subscribing or buying any online course out there.
And if you do think the same and do your due diligence right now, well congrats! It’s always best to make sure you’re spending your hard-earned money on something that’s gonna give you value.
Rayner Teo has been one of the most famous Forex Trading education content YouTubers and he does seem to be giving lessons for free.
But does that mean you should trust him and buy his course?
Well, this is what this post/review is all about.
Before I get on with the review, just a quick disclaimer that I’m by no means associated with Rayner Teo or any of his courses. And I’m not profiting in any way should you decide to go ahead and get his course.
At the end of the article, I’ll show my own take on making money part-time for beginners and whether forex trading is a good way for you to start.
Anyway, without further ado, let’s get started!
Is Rayner Teo a scam? Here’s the truth…
Here’s an overview what I’ll discuss in this Rayner Teo review:
- Who is Rayner Teo?
- Rayner Teo’s Courses Overview
- Is Rayner Teo A Scam? Can You Trust Him?
- Should You Get Any of His Courses?
- Another Way to Make Money For Beginners
Fake Guru Red Flags
Before I start with my review of Rayner Teo, I want to share the video below on how you can detect some red flags from online “gurus” out there.
The red flags don’t necessarily mean that they are all scams, but you might want to be careful with the courses that they offer.
Now that’s out of the way, let’s start with the review.
Who Is Rayner Teo?
Rayner Teo is a Singaporean trader who first started trading back in 2009.
Like many of us trying to find something that we can build to make money so that we’re no longer answering to a boss, Rayner felt the same way after finishing his military service.
After graduating, he worked for a couple of years in a proprietary trading company that has now actually closed its door.
And well, he did his homework on how to become more successful with trading.
Trading like many other things in life needs years of practice in order to master it. There’s no doubt that Rayner had dipped his toes into the trading world as he’s able to fluently explain trading concepts and fundamentals through his free content.
Either on his YouTube channel or his blog.
I personally learned a lot from his videos because they were made easy to understand and a lot of them are actually pretty in-depth.
Also, it’s a breath of fresh air that Rayner, unlike many other self-claimed traders out there on YouTube never flashes his sports car or mansions that he owns.
He admits that he’s not earning millions but earns well enough to support his life back in Singapore – and to him, that’s more than enough.
Now before we get to the question of the day, let’s take a look at his online courses that you can join.
Rayner Teo Membership Overview
I’ll also cover one book that you can get from Rayner and his 3 premium courses. This won’t be a very detailed review for each as I didn’t want this review to be extremely long-winded but this should give you an idea of what he offers.
Before I start, just to let you know that he himself mentioned that you can actually get many trading information for free from his free content.
It’s only if you want to take it to the next level that you can consider his courses.
1) Price Action Trading Secrets Book
- It’s not actually a book full of secrets. Instead, it teaches you how to understand the market and develop your own right strategy that works for you.
- Free book but you have to pay for shipping ($12.90 or $18.90)
- No question asked money-back guarantee.
- If you don’t like the book, you can email Rayner and he will refund your money and you can keep your book
- You’ll also get a digital copy – and if there’s any update with the book, you’ll get that for free too.
2) Pro Traders Edge
- This is a monthly membership course instead of a one-time payment course.
- Rayner does some backtesting and he will share the analysis with you and if you do want to take it further, you can get his weekly trade alerts. Plus, you’ll get some extra bonuses too
- $99/month for Pro Traders Edge Elite
- $49/month for Pro Traders Edge Premium (No LIVE Q&A and the recordings of those Q&A sessions)
- 30-day money-back guarantee no-question asked!
3) The Ultimate Price Action Trader
- This is if you’d like to learn the price action trading strategy – meaning you’re not necessarily relying on indicators, nor fundamentals. You’re looking at well, the price.
- It’s sort of an upsell from the Price Action Trading Secrets book. But I believe this is a strategy that Rayner is known for.
- 6 different modules that teach the strategy more in-depth
- 6 months access to Pro Traders Edge Elite
- LIVE Q&A but only once every 2 months
- 60 days access to a trading coach, who’s trained by Rayner on this strategy
- 4 payments of $179 ($716) or $649 for UPAT Standard
- 4 payments of $199 ($796) or $699 for UPAT Advanced
- 4 payments of $399 ($1,596) or $1,399 for UPAT Complete
- 60 days action-based money-back guarantee
- You do need to show that you’ve done the work and not seeing results.
4) The Ultimate Systems Trader
- You will learn systematic strategies that Rayner had claimed to be proven to work in the long run, based on his backtesting of data over 28 years.
- 2 months trading coach (not Rayner, but someone Rayner has coached)
- Private community & you’ll get lifetime updates
- 4 payments of $299 ($1,196) or $999 for UST Advanced
- 4 payments of $599 (2,396) or $1,999 for UST Complete
- Extra 12 months of trading coach
- Priority email support
- Extra 12 months to performance tracker
- 60 days action-based money back guarantee
- You do need to show that you’ve done the work and not seeing results.
Before you enroll in Rayner’s high ticket courses, I do encourage getting a taste of his lessons from his free content or book first.
Because I don’t think they are all meant for beginners.
Is Rayner Teo A Scam? Can You Trust Him?
Nah, Rayner Teo is not a scam.
You can actually get good enough information and value from his free content. He does not try to make you feel like trading is a get-rich-quick scheme.
He also doesn’t accept students who are still in credit card debt (though I’m not sure how he’ll be able to know this, but.)
He does mention multiple times and advocates for trading to be a part-time thing and that it will take many practice to get the hang of trading.
Rayner himself took years to learn and become profitable with trading.
So if you’re thinking of joining to make quick money, then my friend, Rayner nor trading is the answer for you.
Nor any online course for that matter.
If you do decide to join his course, he’s not going to scam out your money. You will get what you pay for.
And if you don’t like them, he has a pretty lenient refund policy that you can take advantage of.
Now, that said, I don’t think his courses are for everyone.
That brings me to the next section.
So Should You Get Any of His Courses?
If you’re someone who has been trading diligently and just want to take your trading game to the next level, you can go ahead and decide to get Rayner’s course.
BUT, if you’re a TOTAL BEGINNER, please think TWICE because of the few reasons below:
- You need to understand the concept and fundamentals of trading first
- And you can actually get that from his free YouTube videos. If you’re thinking that you’ll be able to be a pro simply by enrolling in his course, you’re just setting up yourself for a disappointment
- ONLY if you have money to burn
- One of the big reasons why I stepped away from trading is because I don’t want to gamble my money – I’m at the stage of creating multiple passive income streams that can help generate more money by passive investing
- Unless you have extra money lying around that you don’t mind losing, then you can opt to get into trading
- Trading is NOT passive
- This website is called “passivecashseekers” – meaning that I’m all about making passive cash and income. Trading is not a way to generate passive income.
- You will need to constantly look at the chart, analyze and actively trade to make money.
- To me, time is money and I’d rather spend my time today building something that can still generate me income in the next 5 to 10 years. That’s what I called passive income
If you’re a beginner and just want to make a side income and just thought of trading, there’s another better and easier way to make that extra income.
Let’s take a look at the next section.
Another Way to Make Money For Beginners
When I was still in search of the one way for me to make money online get consistent passive income while still being in my 9-5, I started learning more about affiliate marketing.
Affiliate marketing can give me passive income and that extra income can be contributed back to my passive-low-cost-fund investment.
It’s the perfect system for me!
So how exactly I get started with affiliate marketing as a newbie?
I found a course that is free to start and if I like it, it’s a lot more affordable and easier for me to take my hustle further.
The main point that got me hooked is that I can start for free as a beginner.
I don’t need to put down my credit card details. There’s literally ZERO payment that I have to make as a beginner.
I can stay as a free member as long as I would like in order to learn the basics.
Affiliate marketing might not sound as grand as becoming a trader, but it is a business that is still giving me income today from something I’ve built and haven’t touched in 3 years.
Can you see how sustainable that is?
I too, start as a total newbie with this venture and slowly but surely make my way and now have been earning consistently from my websites.
If you aren’t sure what affiliate marketing is all about, you can click here.
But just how much can you earn from affiliate marketing?
See how a stay-at-home-mum student from my #1 recommended training platform was able to make $2K from her new website with a new affiliate offer.
We both went through the same training and you will too!
If you want to know how I was able to get started with affiliate marketing for free as a newbie, you can check out my short video here where I’ll take you through everything I did.
But if you want to do it too and get free training, here’s my FREE 7-day training where I’ll take you to step by step on what to do each day.
The course is free, it’s free to get started and there’s no credit card details required.
Click here to learn what affiliate marketing is, or get my free training by clicking the button below.